October 21, 2012

A Waltz or a Salsa

When I'm in love with you,
I do not think
About the heart I give
To keep you happy.

I do not think
The same way I would
As if I told you
I love you.

If I tell you that I am in love with you,
I am stepping with you
Into a dance, subtle and elegant,
Yet ecstatic and vivacious,
As a waltz, or a salsa.

When I'm in love with you
We set off together
To lands unknown
To something unreal that “I love you” does not encompass.

When I'm in love with you,
I am there with you, to experience
What no one has before
And what no one ever will,
To meet the things that
We would not meet
If it was just an “I love you”.

This is why, the very first time,
I said that I'm in love with you,
And not that I love you,
So that you would understand
That every time thereafter
If I say I love you,
It is not a seed that has settled within me,
But a dance, a vitality, a new world that rages
Inside me.